Saturday, October 17, 2009

Still in TZ

So iI don't have too much to update, but I'm at a computer, so i though i'd write something. I'm still loving Tanzania and my host family. Training is getting a little bit tedious but we're almost halfway done. Next weekend is actuall our halfway mark, and we are taking an overnight trip to Mikumi national Park and going on a safari! I'm pretty amped about that.

So next week I begin teaching for real. FOR REAL. Oh my God... It's actually a lot less scary than I thought it would be. As tedious and sometimes frustrating as training can be, the Peace Corps really does prep you for your assignment. We've done microteaching, observations, had classes on teaching. Besides getting over the nerves of standing up and talking in front of a class, I'm pretty much as prepared as possible. Kudos Peace Corps Tanzania Training Staff.

Other things that are going well:
-bucket baths
-kiswahili
-laundry - If there are any crazy nervous invitees reading this...every...here's a bit of advice: make sure to wash all your clothes a few times before you come over here. Soap is harsh and makes your clothes bleed. Which is fine, except you waste a ton of water.
-host family
-riding daladalas
-a bunch of other things.

Ps- I have a bunch of letters written to a bunch of people but am having a lot of trouble getting to a posta when it's open. Sorry.

So that's about it. Life is going well. Call me. Write me. Email me. I'd love to hear some news from the states.

Love you!

Kate

Yes, I go by Kate now. In Swahili Keti (which is the pronunciation of Katie) means chair. Awesome name. Just call me Kate.

No comments:

Post a Comment