Monday, October 26, 2009

Ninafundisha sasa

So today is Wednesday. I started teaching last Tuesday. I teach 9 periods a week, for the next two week. Tuesdays, I teach 3 40 minute classes of Form 1 physics and then on Wednesdays I get to teach the same three classes for 80 minutes each. Its crazy. My classes are going amazingly well so far. I learn the subject the weekend before I teach it and then just have at it. It works really well.

Yesterday was our 1/2 way through training mark. It was celebrated by a safari at Mikumi National park. We got to see twiga (giraffes), tembo(elephants), simba (think Lion King), and a whole bunch of awesome animals. We stayed at a nice little motel and went to a swiss place for dinner and paid way too much for the food. I ordered a cheeseburger. In cheeseburger standards, it was pretty bad. Little and not enough cheese and not very good, but in Tanzania standards, it was pretty much the best food i've ever eaten. The only bad thing about the trip is that I'm an idiot and left my headlamp at the hotel. So now I am headlampless, and that was pretty much my most prized possession here. It's a bummer not to have it. I am dreading the next time that the electricity goes out at home.

So in 5 days, it is Halloween. What that means for me: SITE ANNOUNCEMENTS. In 5 days, they'll tell us where we are going to live! Where we'll be teaching. What other local language we may have to learn and all of that jazz. I am so excited. I'll keep you posted on that. Next week or the week after (depends on who you ask), we will be going on site visits to. We'll go spend 5 days with a PCV somewhere in Tanzania...unfortunately, not at the sites we'll be going to, for logic reasons that I don't really understand. It'll be fun to go shadow a teacher at their school and see how they live.

So PS to any friends who are reading this: my parents apparently have an awesome calling plan and you should go over to their house and call me from their phone. That is if you want to talk to me. So that's about it. My time is running short. Give me a call - I would LOVE to hear from you...my numbers posted a few blog entries down, go find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment