Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Final Countdown

So here it is: the last post before I ship off to Tanzania.

I leave the day after tomorrow. My bags are all packed (76 pounds! Still have 4 pounds to spare- Score!) 40 hours of Rosetta Stone Swahili lessons are completed. Paperwork is filled out. Many farewells are said. Goodbyes are horrible. I teared up more than I expected. I'm going to post some of the photos from my good-bye party and the weekend after camping trip because they make me smile.

The family (minus the brother) at the party. It would be a perfect picture if Dan was in it.

Friends, at the Upper Falls in New Hampshire. A great weekend with a great group of people.

You know how parents always say "if your friends all jumped off a cliff, would you too?" Apparently.

Friendsies.

Sister, cousins, aunt and uncle. Amazing family.

I don't have too much more to say. I guess just good-bye to everyone. Everyone has been so great these last few weeks. I will miss everyone so much. You guys are all amazing and I wish everyone the best of luck between now and the next time that I see you (in over 2 years!) Stay in touch! Post comments, email me, write me letters! I love you all.

I don't know when the next time I'll be able to update this will be, so until then kwa heri.

No comments:

Post a Comment