Monday, August 10, 2009

Shopping

My mother took me shopping today to start getting stuff that I'll need. Headlamp(which I've already broken and need to exchange...), rainjacket, flashlight, luggage, watch, binoculars(in case I see a giraffe or something like that), some good sandals...and the list goes on.

It was really difficult to shop. It's hard to imagine what I'll need for 27 months in Africa. The PC gives you a packing list, but I'm doubting the necessity of everything on it (what do you think, do I really need a plastic egg carton?) Plus it is hard to jugge what I should bring with me and what I should buy in Tanzania. I'm guessing clothing won't be too hard or expensive to find but what about shoes. Do I really want to bring a pair of hiking/walking shoes, a pair of nice sandals, two pairs of professional shoes, and a pair of dressy shoes. That 5 pairs of shoes...and I only get two bags of a combined total of 80 pounds. I don't want to use it all up on shoes!

Two bags. 80 pounds. For 27 months. It crazy that I'll have to condense my life into 2 checked luggage bags...

No comments:

Post a Comment