Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Clubs, Labs, Midterms.

So every Monday night we have "subject clubs" at my school. During the subject clubs, students ask other students questions and try to solve problems. I switch up between going to the Math club and the Physics club. This week, I went to the physics club. One of the questions was about friction, which I just finished with my IIIA class. So one of my students stood up and answered the questions, full with explanation on Normal Force, vectors, and advantages and disadvantages of friction. She even pretended to slip when she said that without friction we wouldn't be able to walk. It was pretty awesome.

I held my first physics lab with my physics class yesterday. Despite being in the same laboratory space as the chemistry lab (which is equipped with battery acid and other nasty chemicals) no body got injured, we didn't start a fire, and we relatively successfully completed the lab. The students had never used a triple beam balance, so we learned how to do that and then how to use my calculator to get sin and cosine. They had a lot of fun.

Thats about all I've been up to. midterms are next week, but I will not be at school, so another teaching is supervising my class. Next week is "In-Service Training". We go to Iringa for 2 weeks with a Tanzanian buddy to learn about HIV/AIDS, writing grants, and farming. It should be fun.

Hope all is well back in the states.

No comments:

Post a Comment