Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Big Day

So it's finally come! Swearing-in is tomorrow...I am going to wear the amazing dress that my TZ mama sewed for me. Its a tradition style dress with zebras on it. It rocks.

We had a ton of tests and our OPI (Oral Proficiency Interview) this last week. I got advanced-low on my OPI. You need Intermediate-mid to "pass", so I was excited about that. They're allowing me to go to my site, so I am assuming I passed all of the tests.

I had to say goodbye to my host family this morning and it was so sad. I will miss them quite a bit. Last night we had a Tanzanian-style farewell party for all the volunteers in my CBT (interned with me). Mama gave me a kanga which says "Hongera Mwanagnu", which mean congradulations daughter. That was very nice of her. I gave them their goodbye gifts and I think everyone like them, especially the boys. I gave them a soccer ball. I thought they were going to break everything in the house.

Thanksgiving, I will be taking a 15 hour bus ride to my site, with my mkuu (headmaster). That'll be a bit uncomfortable. Besides that, everything going really well. I am really excited to be done training.

I am sorry for the short post. I don't have a ton to say. But I wanted to post something before I left. Who knows when I'll have internet again.

If you want my new address, email me or facebook me, or call me, or something. I am not going to post it on here. The Peace Corps recommends not doing so, so I won't. Miss and love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment